Sunset League Playoff Game 1
Pirates vs Ventura County Pirates
Thursday @ 11:00 AM
Pirates vs Solana Beach Cardinals
The Inland Valley Pirates finished the season in third place overall and will play the Ventura County Pirates in the first round of playoffs at Cal Poly Pomona on Wednesday at 3:00 PM. The Inland Valley Pirates finished with a league record of 16-9 (18-13-1 Overall) and finished second in the North division of the Sunset League behind the Ventura County Pirates. Ventura County and Inland Valley have played each other five times this season with Ventura County holding the edge 2-3. Below is the playoff schedule
Wednesday July 26th
- Game 1 – VC Pirates 4 vs IV Pirates 3
- Game 2 – Solana Beach Cardinals 2 vs OC Surf 8
Thursday July 27th
- Game 3 – IV Pirates vs Solana Beach Cardinals @ 11:00 am (Loser of this game is eliminated)
- Game 4 – Ventura County Pirates vs OC Surf @ 3:00 pm (Winner of this game advances to Championship Game)
- Game 5 – Winner of Game 3 vs Loser of Game 4 @ 7:00 pm (Winner of this game advances to Championship Game)
- The Home team or Visiting Team will be determined on Thursday based on who was the Home Team or Visitor the day before. If both teams playing each other were Home or Visitors the day before, then a coin flip will determine who’s home or away.
|IV PIRATES||16-9 (18-13-1 Overall)|
The Inland Valley Baseball Association is one of the premiere collegiate baseball programs in Southern California after another successful season. The Association is proud to field one team in the Southern California Collegiate Baseball League and one in the Sunset Baseball League.
The Pirates were the Sunset League runners-up in 2016. The Pirates qualified for the NBC World Series and established their national footprint in 2015. The Pirates went 26-8 in 2014 and won a share of the SCCBL regular season championship under the reign of Charlie Reynoso.
The Buccaneers finished 18-13 in the ultra competitive SCCBL in 2016. In 2015 and fell in the SCCBL Semifinals. With Manager Kevin Bowler at the helm, the Bucs are headed in the right direction for many years to come.
Colleges represented include: Cal State Fullerton, Hawaii, Houston Baptist, Iowa, Long Beach State, Louisiana Tech, Oregon, Texas Tech, UC Irvine, UC Riverside, Cal Poly Pomona, Cal Baptist, Azusa Pacific, San Francisco State and Cal State San Bernardino.